Come out and join Russ, Kelly and Jason in this always fun and entertaining event... Open to all ticketed Convention attendees... Practice will be held on Friday, Oct. 5 with the official races on Sat. Oct. 6. Times and location will be listed in the schedule of events, which will be posted sometime in mid August.
All cars entered must be standard Hot Wheels vehicles. No other manufacturers.
NO PRE-REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY FOR ANY RACE.
1.Redline Race - pre-1978 Hot Wheels® vehicles only. All ages
2.Funny Fairmont Race- any Hot Wheels® Funny Car or Ford Fairmont.
No pre-1978 Redlines. All ages.
3. 50th Anniversary Race – Hot Wheels® only. All ages. See rules below.
4. Open Stock Race - 1978 and newer basic line Hot Wheels® vehicles only.
All ages No Drag Buses, Funny Cars or Ford Fairmonts.
5. 15 and Under Race -1978 and newer basic line Hot Wheels® vehicles only.
Entrants must be 15 years of age or under.
No DragBuses, Funny Cars or Ford Fairmonts.
6. VW Bus Race – VW Drag Buses or Drag Trucks only. All ages
7. Hot Wheels Modified- All ages. See rules below.
RULES FOR RACES 1, 4 and 5 ARE:
Each race will be single elimination.
Cars will be original, non-modified and non-powered Hot Wheels® vehicles. No oil, graphite, silicon or any other substance is allowed. The same car must be used for the entire race in the same category. Any car that jumps the track is eliminated.
Trophies will be awarded to First, Second and third place winners.
All cars will be inspected at time of entry.
Number of lanes used will depend on number of entries.
Winners of each race heat will receive a winner slip that registers them for the next round.
Winners will be asked to stand next to the track for the next round of races.
Winning car from any race cannot be used again.
RULES FOR RACES 2, 3 and 6 ARE:
Same rules as for Races 1, 4, and 5.
Funny Cars and Ford Fairmonts are only allowed in race #2. No Redlines.
Race 3 is any Hot Wheel featuring a 50th Anniversary logo, any Hot Wheels® line.
Volkswagen Drag Buses are only allowed in race #6
Volkswagen Drag Buses must weigh no less than 110g. no more than 127g.
Races 2 and 6 will be a One-Winner Race.
Trophies will be awarded to First, Second and Third place winners for race 3.
RULES FOR RACE 7 ARE:
Vehicle must start out as an original Hot Wheels® from any line.
Base must be recognizable as Hot Wheels with markings.
Wheels must be original Hot Wheels. No oils!
Trophies will be awarded to First, Second and Third place winners.
Come go round and round with Joe Davis and his crew... These races are open to ticketed Convention attendees only. The practice and official races will be held on Fri. Oct. 5... Times and locations will be listed in the schedule which will be posted sometime in mid August.
Sizzlers are FUN!!
You may run a new or old Sizzlers® car but they must have the original motor and contacts, only the batteries may be changed. Each race will be single-elimination, but if a car comes off the track and cannot be returned within five seconds or if a car is broken and cannot be fixed immediately, you will be allowed to race in another heat if it does not affect the other races. This does not apply if the car’s battery simply runs down. We will supply a charging system or you may use an unmodified Goose Pump™ re-charger only. No other charging systems will be allowed. No 4 battery chargers allowed. The race will take place on an original Sizzlers® Fat Track™ layout with any number of straight pieces between each 90 or 180 degree turn. All participants will be required to supply two individuals to count laps during the races. They will not count your laps but laps of other racers. Only those people who supply two people to count laps will be able to participate. No exceptions!
Rules and Regulations:
1. Judge’s decision stands.
2. Three categories: Short Battery, Long Battery, Kids 12 and under (choice of battery)
3. Kids that race in the 12 and under race, cannot race in the adult’s races.
4. Sizzlers® heat races will be 40 to 80 laps, judge's decision at the beginning of race.
4a. Final race will be 60 to 120 laps, judge's decision at the beginning of final race.
5. Only unmodified, original Hot Wheels® Sizzlers® cars are acceptable.
6. Two to five cars per race, depending on the total number of entries.
7. The same chassis and body must be used for the entire category.
8. One car per class per person.
9. After-market batteries are acceptable.
10. Cars must have the original motor and contacts.
11. Battery must be totally drained before each race.
12. A minimum of 60 seconds will be used for battery charging before each race and as needed during the race.
13. Any car that comes off the track or is taken off (for charging or repair) must be placed back on the track in the same place from which it was removed.
14. If the body of a car comes off during a heat race, that car will be disqualified from that heat, no exceptions!
15. Track may have 2 to 26 feet of straightaway's and any number of curves and may be any shape or size.
16. All cars are subject to inspection at anytime. The top three from each event will be inspected
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
What Are My California Privacy Rights?
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS / TRANSFERS OF TICKETS IS ACCEPTED, PLEASE CHECK DATES!!
HOT WHEELS® Annual Collectors Convention
The LARGEST gathering of HOT WHEELS® Collectors on the West Coast!